Marafa Hell's Kitchen, is an odd sandstone canyon outside of Malindi, Kenya. Known locally as Nyari - "the place broken by itself". Gigantic sandstone ridge worn by the elements wind, rain, and floods into a series of jagged gorges. The layer-cake colors of the sandstone reveal whites, pinks, oranges, and deep crimsons, making the gorge particularly striking at sundown, when tones of the ribbed sandstone gullies are highlighted and mirrored by those of the setting sun.
Visit Malindi markets and workshops then explore Marafa-Hells Kitchen on a tour that’s timed to catch sunset over the spectacular eroded landscape. Door-to-door transport from Malindi hotels make this a convenient way to experience Malindi’s fascinating culture and nature, and the tour features a guided sunset hike through the Marafa-Hells Kitchen canyon. Shop for local products in the historic market See Malindi craftsmen creating wood carvings Learn the legend behind Marafa-Hells Kitchen Sunset hike takes advantage of cooler temps and evening light
The excursion dedicated to Malindi, with its flavors and colors typically African. Shopping tour inside the Arab and Portugal influenced Malindi, one of the most fascinating areas known for its textiles, the local handicrafts made of wood or soapstone, batik and kikoi. Drive from Malindi town to the village is called Marafa, but its proximity to the biodiversity-rich Dakatcha woodlands is not its most outstanding feature. Hell’s Kitchen is an odd sandstone canyon that might be Kenya’s best kept-secret.
- Shop for local products in the historic market
- See Malindi craftsmen creating wood carvings
- Learn the legend behind Marafa-Hells Kitchen
- Sunset hike takes advantage of cooler temps and evening light
- All activities
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Professional guide/driver with experience
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner are provided as per the itinerary.
- All transport in a safari van/ 4×4 cruiser with a pop up roof for easy game viewing
- Extra Activities
- All items of personal nature e.g. drinks, tips, laundry, etc