The white and blue holiday and commercial city
Mombasa is Kenya's main tourist destination. It is on the eastern coastline of Kenya, bordering the Indian Ocean which has made it a popular destination for its beaches. Mombasa offers a diverse marine life, world-class hotels and friendly atmosphere. There is a tropical climate all year and it is a great destination filled with activities for all ages.
One of the oldest cities in sub-Saharan Africa, and its precise date of founding remains unknown. The first accounts of Mombasa date back to the 12th century, when the Arab geographer Al Idrisi mentioned it as a a prosperous trading post in his writings.
With beachfront hotels appeal to travelers in search of sun, sand and surf, while its Arab, Indian and colonial European heritage makes for a wide variety of sights to see.
Discover the culture, origins and fun of Mombasa. Indulge in Mombasa’s rich and exotic shopping experiences. Explore Mombasa’s exotic markets for personal treasures. Then tour the city’s Arabic and Portuguese past and witness their present-day influence in this white and azure-blue metropolis.
Visit historical and cultural places: the Fort Jesus, the Mwembe Tayari open-air market, the local bazaars, handicraft carvers, walk through the famous curvy alley-roads, the business district. North of the island stops at Mamba Village Visit (Crocodile Farm Tour) situated in Nyali, is East Africa’s largest crocodile farm. The Crocodile Farm Displays the age, weight and length of crocodiles. You will also see hatchlings to 5 meter long “big daddy” – the man eating monster, sun basking along the tropical garden trail. At five pm. daily, the crocodiles are fed and you can see them jump high in the air to snap the meat. Further North Nature Trail Park (Haller park) – for a variety of game animals and birds, which are not so easy to see, inhabit the fenced area and wind up at Ngomongo Cultural Center – get a glimpse of the lifestyle and cultures that existed for centuries before “civilization” came to Africa, view different traditional tribal huts are set up in this themed village, with peoples from the different tribes portraying their ancestors.
- Visit Fort Jesus – Constructed by the Portuguese in 1593-1596 and designed by Italian architect Cairati, Fort Jesus is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Take A Walk Around The Old Town – Historians will be in awe at the uniqueness of this port once ruled by the Portuguese. Most of the current residents are of Asian, Arab and European origin, and the architectural style reflects their different cultures.
- A Trip To Haller Park – a hit with bird enthusiasts and animal lovers. Take your family over and explore wildlife exhibitions of giraffes, Cape buffaloes, zebras, waterbucks and hippos.
- Scuba Diving And Snorkeling – One of the joys of Mombasa are the endless marine activities that are held on the beach every day. For those who prefer a more adventurous maritime experience from the ordinary kayaking and swimming, there is the opportunity to go scuba diving and snorkeling.
- Go-Karting – If you have children or you’re a kid at heart, then go-karting is always an epic activity. Located on Malindi Road, Mombasa Go-Kart is a company that offers thrilling go-kart rides.
- Visit Mamba Village Center – East Africa’s largest crocodile farm at Mamba Village Center. Not only will you acquire superior knowledge of these fascinating reptiles, but you can also ride on horseback and admire the beautiful botanical garden and its aquarium.
Package Inclusive / Exclusive
- Return SGR tickets
- Return transfers
- Accommodation for the entire stay
- Meals on Half-board basis
- Return transfers
- Accommodation in an apartment for the entire stay
- Extra Activities
- All items of personal nature e.g. drinks, tips, laundry, etc
- Meals (We give you the chance to go out and taste different Swahili dishes)
- Costs of personal nature.
- Rates are per person per for 2 nights while sharing in a double/twin room as indicated.(To get the price of 2 people multiply the rate by 2)
- All prices are subject to change without notice should Flights/Hotel rates or government taxes change.
- Rooms are subject to availability.
- Children under pay 50% of the per person rate