Relish a sun-drenched day of snorkeling, dolphin viewing, bird watching, sailing in traditional dhows the Kisite Mpunguti marine park, pause for lunch of sea food and Swahili dishes. After lunch, you will sail along the mangrove swamps and then visit the Wasini Island where you will learn more about the Swahili people and the Arabs history.
Sample Rich and exotic local culture while visiting Wasini village, the Coral Garden and Shimoni’s Slave Cave. Enjoy tropical seafood lunch at Wasini Island. Pick up at your hotel in Diani and drive to the historical small fishing village of Shimoni at the South Coast. On the way, you will have the opportunity to see rural villages, tall palm trees and lush greenery. Tourist attractions Include Snorkeling in Kisite Marine Park to Spot Dolphins, Take time looking at Marine-Life from a Glass-Bottomed Boat, Enjoy an excellent Seafood Lunch, Take a Historical Tour around Wasini Fishing Village and the Shimoni Slave Caves where slaves were "stored" before being Shipped off to Arabia in the Early 18th Century.
Dhow Sailing Tour of Kisite Marine Park & Wasini Island
Covering an area of 30km2, Kisite Marine National park is the second most famous marine park in the world after the Australian Marine Park. With lots of marine life species such as turtles, marine tortoise, bear-reefs, coral reefs and different types of fish. It lies in the coral gardens south of Wasini Island and encompasses three small coral rag forest islands, each with considerable areas of fringing reef. Kisite is one of the most rewarding snorkeling locations at the coast. Visitors can also enjoy bird watching, diving and of course, sunbathing.
- Snorkel in Kisite Marine Park and swim with the fish
- Tour around the Wasini Fishing Village & the coral gardens
- Enjoy a dhow cruise while searching for dolphins
- Enjoy all inclusive drinks and excellent seafood for lunch
- Tour the shimoni slaves caves
- Kisite Marine park fees
- All local taxes and VAT included
- All round private transportation to wasini and back
- Shimoni slaves caves and wasini island coral garden entrance fee
- Snorkeling equipment (to be provided on board the dhow)
- All inclusive soft & alcoholic drinks during the tour
- Coral garden boardwalk and wasini village tour
- Lunch mainly Sea food will be served during lunchtime at a restaurant on the island
- A visit to the coral gardens,wasini island village and the shimoni slaves caves
- Tips & Gratuities.
- All items of personal nature e.g. drinks, tips, laundry, etc
- Costs of personal nature.
Wasini Full Day Tour will take you for a tour of the Shimoni Caves and later a Dhow Cruise in the Indian Ocean with Dolphin Spotting and if lucky swim with the dolphins. Snorkeling at the Kisite Mpunguti Marine Park. Sea food lunch at Wasini Island plus Cultural tour of the local community. Wasini are home to two species of dolphins: the gregarious bottlenose dolphin and the more elusive humpback dolphin.
- 6:00 am: Pick up at your Mombasa residence / hotel.
- 8:00 am: Board your dhow for your dolphin experience.
- 11:00 am: Snorkel and swimming at the Marine Park
- 1:00 pm: Lunch at Wasini Island
- 2:30 pm: Cultural village tour
- 3:00 pm: Depart to the main land.
- 4:00 Drop of at your coastal residence
- The tour can only be canceld due to extreemly bad weather for a full refund
- Minimum age is 7 years old
- At least 2 people are required in each booking for this activity to take place.
- A single person may book this tour, but must select and pay the price for 2 travelers to cover operational costs.
- If you wish to scuba dive, you must provide appropriate certification.
- You do not need previous snorkeling experience.